Wednesday, January 8, 2014

2013: A Summary by a Giant Corporation

One of the actual advantages of Google+ is the automated picture backup.  I don't have a camera,  I have a phone with a camera on it.  Therefore 100% of the pictures I take are in the android ecosystem.  Creepy or not, when I take a picture, it is in the cloud within 2 minutes without any effort on my part.  As if the ubiquity of Google wasn't enough in this picture, they are rolling out "Auto-Awesome" algorithms.  Google takes the photos in your profile and automatically touches them up.  It then selects the best, or "highlights".  

A few days before New Years, Google created a "year in review" for me.  That is, they auto-selected the highlight photos of my year, and set it to music.  My 2013, according to Google, consisted of:
(1) Going on vacation
(2) Watching Kris and Carolynn drink a giant cocktail at Benihanas.



2013: the sum of 2 events

No comments:

Post a Comment